potential "convert" is always exciting. The only trouble is I sometimes have a hard time being able to give a concise explanation of what Montessori is all about. There's just so much!! I have found one book that's pretty great at summing it up, particularly for parents who are wanting to add a bit of Montessori to their (and their childrens') lives: Tim Seldin's How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way. This book gives a brief intro to Maria Montessori and how Montessori schools work, and then also has chapters about how to set up a Montessori-like environment in your home for your infant, all the way through to older kids. It also has great activity ideas to do with children that encourage exploration and foster a love of learning. At times it might almost be a bit too vague, but I like that it's a book I can recommend to people that won't be overwhelming due to have too much information to absorb. For anyone who's more seriously interested in Montessori there's tons of follow-up books, but this one is a really great introduction to the wonderful world of Montessori.-Marcy
No comments:
Post a Comment